Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 8 - Embellish It Competition - Mixed Media It

Now this was the mother of all challenges! Holey dooley...I'm sure this stretched all of us to the utmost. I know for me it took every available hour in the five days allotted to get something up as an entry. I'm still not totally happy with it, and keep finding things in my scrap room that I wanted to include, but just didn't get there.

Here is our criteria:
* Create a mini album – you must create a mini album with at least 3 different materials as the base pages. Two of your pages will need to be created out of fabric. (I have used canvas/ heavy weight calico, cardstock, corrugated card) - your acetate embellishment page (described below) is not counted as one of these pages.

* All pages need to combine paint, ink and collage. The collage style can include anything you want – ribbon, photos, journaling, other embellishments, but every page must include at least one button and stitching (either hand or machine).

* Your embellishment for this artwork is to create at least one acetate page to go into your album – this page is to be a different shape to your album shape. This page will need to have patterned paper, stitching and a word or journaling.

Hmmm...simple, right?

Here's what I came up with.....















I was really sure this would see me exit the competition, because I wasn't very happy with the final submission, so I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see I had made it through to the final 10 for the last week!

1 comment:

  1. Starting to sound like a record but it is just gorgeous, congratulations, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete