Thursday, January 5, 2012

Masters Entries 2011

Thought it was about time I shared my Scrapbooking Memories 2011 Masters Competition entries. I was unsuccessful in being one of the 10 winners, but when the Masters edition of the magazine arrived in my mailbox, I was thrilled to see that I had received an Honourable Mention. Yay me!!

There were 4 tasks in all to complete, and here are my entries.....


For this task, we had to create a single layout on any topic or theme, but it had to include a 5x7 photo somewhere on the page.
I really adore the Crate Paper 'Emma's Shoppe' range that I mainly used for this, and I think this is one of my favourite layouts that I have done this year.
A close-up of some of the embellishments I used....


This next layout depicts the 'journey' of a red velvet cake, Elise's and my favourite cake for special occasion decorating....


This task was to scrap a layout based on the sketch that was supplied. Again, I have used one of my favourite ranges...My Mind's Eye, who are bringing out so many gorgeous printed Kraft papers, and this was my first purchase in that line.

This next photo is my entry for a task which was to create a single layout on any topic or theme, but the page had to include some hidden journalling or hidden memorabilia somewhere with a reminder to use our imaginations and think innovatively.



My inspiration for this came from a Christmas Advent Calendar but I only put 'doors' on 5 of the spaces, which when opened, showed extra images and heartfelt journalling about missing my dear Mum and Dad at Christmas...





Each of the little doors is held on by a brass hinge which I partially coloured with red and gold alcohol inks and then sanded....



My final entry was the layout that was published and earned me an Honourable Mention...


This task was to create a double layout inspired by the colour combination of orange, teal and charcoal.
The photos I used were taken by my daughter Elise in New Zealand, and I thought they were perfect for the colour brief we had been given.
Not only was I thrilled to have gotten an Honourable Mention for this layout, but I was extra chuffed to see an attached 'Judges Note' in the magazine which read "Making a word out of a photo? Genius!"
Here is a close-up of my 'genius'....lol


I would love to congratulate all the 10 winners of this years Masters Competition....your work rocks and is so inspirational to us all....enjoy your exciting year ahead! Special mention to Kaitlynne Roil,Anthea Peterson, Renee Iveson and Jo Kinder who I was privileged enough to 'retreat' with back in September.....I so knew there was some awesome talent in that room!

Huge congratulations also to all my fellow Honourable Mentions, with extra-special congratulatory hugs to my friends Marlene Townsend, Tanyah Payne, Gilly Lester and Anne Patterson who also got HM's.

Until next time...xxx

4 comments:

  1. THEY ARE ADORABLE AND HUGE CONGRATS FROM ME! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beaut layouts sue... love the hinges and the colors are specatacular on each of your layouts... you should be very proud of yourself... with the added bonus of the honourable mention too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing Sue. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Masters entries, really like the Christmas idea, might just steal that.

    ReplyDelete